Google Logo Reviews for Accident Claims Sheffield site navigation
burn injury compensation claim solicitors Sheffield

4-year-old girl burnt on beach sand heated by disposable BBQ

Posted in: Foot Injuries Hand Injuries Personal Injury 

As the weather has continued to improve throughout the UK, more and more of us are spending our evenings outside having a barbeque with friends and family. However, this proved rather dangerous on Sunday as a four-year-old girl suffered burns after falling in the sand on a Devon beach. 

The young girl and her family were having a barbeque on Exmouth beach when she sustained the personal injuries. With only a disposable barbeque lit, the sheer heat that the container emitted caused the young girl to fall and seriously burn herself on the surrounding sand. 

The young girl was immediately taken to the town’s minor injuries unit where she received treatment for the burns on her hand and left foot.   

Lack of awareness

Most people view these appliances as being fairly safe and harmless, yet it must be recognised that when placed on sand, several inches of the surrounding sand can also become extremely hot. Exmouth Beach Rescue Club spokesperson admitted to a lack of awareness regarding disposable barbecues. Nigel Snowshall, from the club, said: “People do not realise how hot the sand gets underneath these barbecues and how long it stays hot for. It gets very hot for several inches.

Furthering this, it has been noted that users of these disposable barbeques should not dispose of them in local bins, but rather leave them at the side of the bins for safe disposal. 


Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now

Call To Claim With Us And Receive The Compensation You Deserve

Telephone Icon Yellow - Compensation For Your Accident / Personal Injury Claim Managers / Accident Claims Sheffield

01144 938 199