Injuries in Public – Slips, Trips and Falls

If you have suffered an injury in public as a result of an accident that was not your fault then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation against the negligent party. The negligent party can be anyone who has responsibility for either that person or the place where the accident occurs. This could be the council if the accident happens on the road or pavement or occupiers in the case of a supermarket, gym, school, library etc.

Injuries in public are often caused by the simplest of things such as a slipping following a spillage or tripping over lose cabling or an uneven paving stone. The amount of compensation that will be awarded will depend on the seriousness of the injury and in most cases the compensation will be paid out by the occupier’s public liability insurance policy, which occupiers are legally required to have in place.

We can help you claim compensation for a variety of injuries including:

Injury in Public Accident Claims Solicitors

If you have suffered an injury in public then you should speak to our personal injury solicitors** in Sheffield who will be able to take on your case on a no win no fee* basis, which means that you do not have to worry about expensive legal fees and can instead focus on recovering from your injuries and making your claim.

To assists our personal injury solicitors** in Sheffield with your case there are certain steps you should take which will assist in establishing liability and progressing your case. This includes reporting the accident to the responsible party, note the details of any witnesses so that they can be approached later to provide evidence on your behalf, take pictures of the scene of the accident and seek medical attention as soon as possible.

If you would like to make a claim then you should ensure that you instruct one of our personal injury solicitors** in Sheffield well within three years of the date of the accident that resulted in the injury otherwise you may be barred from bringing a claim. In the case of children this time period is extended to three years after the child’s 18th birthday i.e. before they turn 21.

Injuries in Public – Slips, Trips and Falls Claims Lawyers Sheffield

If you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, our injury lawyers can help you claim compensation through our No Win, No Fee* offering. Call us on 01144 938 199^ To make an online enquiry please complete our claim form.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now